So it's been a week since we announced the release date for the mod, and the hype has been unanimously resound across the blog and the forums.
We've had a very interesting 2 weeks in development...
- The TARDIS is very almost complete, with its explorable labyrinthine interior mapped and its Mechanical and Power systems bug-free and fun to customise.
- The alternative Desktop Theme plays like a treat, and whilst it needs a tad more graphical tidying, it's functional and beautiful at the same time.
- Regeneration has had a major overhaul this weekend. Beautiful new effects shaders play host to some stunning regenerations, along with a fully randomised physical appearance and skills shift. The Fob Watch, Chameleon Arch and Biodata Matrix functionality also allows you to retain you vanilla character's perks and switch between being a Time Lord Hero/Antihero and standard human wastelander at will which surprisingly balances out the game nicely.
- The Pacifist play through has also taken a very nice developmental twist this weekend (I'm working on it at this very minute), granting you unique perks and buffs depending on the path you choose your Time Lord to take.
- The two new skills as aforementioned in the past weeks have also been implemented and work beautifully (Piloting & Temporal Engineering, more on these soon).
- The game is full of a menagerie of custom modelled FWV equipment and miscellaneous items; from the legendary Sonic and Laser Screwdrivers, to River Song's deadly Alpha Meson Blaster, Chronon Coils and TARDIS circuitry, raw materials such as Dalekanium and Jethrik, and ingestible food cubes, antivirals and much, much more (we're nearing 100 unique items at time of writing).
- There's a LOT of content classic Whovians will relish in (Validium anyone)?
- To round this dev update off, last night was spent importing the second monster into the new build. The Silurians have now touched down in the Wasteland; albeit with a slight twist. Expect to navigate vast subterranean jungle-like caverns and lava canals (again, more on these coming soon).